Employer: Karyo Edelman
Client: Vancity Credit Union
Project: 2006/07 Accountability Report
Great InDesign learning experience! Very extensive richly hyperlinked document using the auto-generated Table of Contents feature in InDesign.
- 171-page Report document with a 6-panel Summary document
- Two projects started at the same time
- Summary completed first
- Summary printed offset on glossy recycled paper
- Report was download-only (not printed, as per client’s instructions)
- Great team effort!
- Professional studio photography supplied of Vancity employees
- Photoshop; mask and close-cut backgrounds to white
- retouching and colour adjustments
- Started from fully-built design file
- Production quality-control check
- Photo adjustments
- Arranged for printing and press check.
- Started with file from the designer containing the basic look and feel using generic text
- Set up style sheets in InDesign
- Designer took the file back, flowed in the copy from client-supplied Word file
- Designer applied style sheets set up by production and designed basic look and feel of charts and tables
- Two production people tag team due to the length of the project and availability
- Worked together to come up with a system to keep the style sheets, hyperlinks and table of contents consistent with each round of edits