Employer: Wasserman & Partners
Client: Metropolis at Metrotown
Project: Billboard and Transit Shelter Ad
Unconventional concept and fun to work on.
- Each character was shot separately and composed with background in Photoshop.
- The biggest challenge was adjusting the lighting on the squirrels to make them look as if they’re part of the shot, then colour-matching the billboard and the poster.
- It took some creativity and careful planning to execute on time and on budget.
- Outsourced professional studio photography was supplied
- Hand-crafted plasticine characters
- Man was shot with the background and the chestnut stand in place
- Each squirrel was a separate shot and merged in Photoshop
- Clear concept form the Art Director
- Huge files; between 700 MB and 1.5 GB
- Creative layer use; had to keep the squirrels’ positions editable for any tweaks from the Art Director
- Added Christmas lights on chestnut stand at the end to add some sparkle and glow; Art Director’s instruction
- Added sharp teeth on the squirrels
- Changed chestnut man’s expression to fear; adjusted the shape of his pupils
- Border and logo created in Illustrator